DialogBox

Started by
1 comment, last by stenny 17 years, 9 months ago
Aye there, matey! (Sorry, I can't wait to see PoC2) I got a book (Amazon) today. It is a fine book nonetheless, but the only problem is that it uses Mic. Visual Studio C++ (NOT EXPRESS). I can't afford such things though. At a certain part in the book it uses the resourcesystem, not available in express, to create a DialogBox:
Quote:Go to the insert menu and select resource. From the upcoming dialog, select Dialog, and then select the New button. You just created a new resource object and visual C++ changes to it's resource editor automatically.
I can't do this. Is there another way to create such resources? -Stenny [Edited by - stenny on July 19, 2006 12:00:44 PM]
What do I expect? A young man's quest to defeat an evil sorceror while discovering the truth of his origins. A plucky youngster attended by her brutish guardian. A powerful artifact which has been broken into a small number of artifactlets distributed around the world.What do I want? Fewer damn cliches. - Sneftel
Advertisement
I haven't used Express, but from the looks of the MS web page there is a resource editor. You probably just have to access it differently. In the version I use you can use Ctrl+Shift+E to get to resource view. Or you could try going into your file view, find the resource file (MyApp.rc) and open it. I think that should give you a resource view from which you can add new resources.
finally a post! Thanks!

ctrl+shift+E doesn't work. It does nothing. Which MS page says it has a resource editor?

-Stenny
What do I expect? A young man's quest to defeat an evil sorceror while discovering the truth of his origins. A plucky youngster attended by her brutish guardian. A powerful artifact which has been broken into a small number of artifactlets distributed around the world.What do I want? Fewer damn cliches. - Sneftel

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement