newb question about BVH format

Started by
3 comments, last by ktiniatros 17 years, 9 months ago
ello all, about BVH files (motion capture) can someone explain me what are these numbers next to the OFFSET keyword?? do BVH files contain any information about the angles of the joints? Thanx in Advance!!
Advertisement
can someone who knows plz tell me where, in the file, the angles of the joints appear? r those numbers in the end of the file??and how do i know which angle is which??

thanx in advance!! :)
Quote:about BVH files (motion capture)
can someone explain me what are these numbers next to the OFFSET keyword??

The numbers next to the OFFSET Keyword is the relative position of node from its parent node when the parent node is unrotated.

Quote:do BVH files contain any information about the angles of the joints? can someone who knows plz tell me where, in the file, the angles of the joints appear? r those numbers in the end of the file??and how do i know which angle is which??

Yes the BVH file contains the angles of the joints. As you parse the HIERARCHY, in a linear fashion you will come across CHANNELS, you need to remember the order in which you found the channels as those streams of numbers at the bottom of the file are in the same order. Each line of those numbers is a Keyframe.

More information can be found at http://www.cs.wisc.edu/graphics/Courses/cs-838-1999/Jeff/BVH.html
Did you use [google]?

I found this on the first page when I googled for "BVH file spec", and it appears to have at least some of your answers.

Edit:: ColmMac got in first, but my link works. [smile]
[size="2"][size=2]Mort, Duke of Sto Helit: NON TIMETIS MESSOR -- Don't Fear The Reaper
thanx guyz for the answers.
i googled it ofc and the only thing i found was that jeff page, whose way of writing i couldnt understand ^^

ColmMac made it clear now though :D

Cheers!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement