help with simple VB problem

Started by
1 comment, last by annoyer101 17 years, 9 months ago
Hello. I need some help with a Visual Basic 2005 express program. I've only learned a little about VB so when trying to do something i wasn't 100% sure on i encountered a problem. In other words, this code won't run the program properly: Public Class Form1 Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim hi As String = TextBox1.Text Dim hey As Boolean = RadioButton1.CanSelect If (hey = False) Then MessageBox.Show(hi) ElseIf (hey = True) Then MessageBox.Show(" ") End If End Sub End Class (this program has a textbox, a button below that, and a radiobutton below that, The button is used to open a messagebox that displays the text in the textbox, and if the radiobutton is selected, the text should not show in the messagebox when the regular button is pressed. However, when I type in the textbox, and press then button, then messagebox will be blank wheter i select the radiobutton or not.) Any help with this problem is greatily appreciated. Thank You.
Advertisement
I think the correct method is RadioButton1.Checked :)

Edit: Dim hey As Boolean = RadioButton1.Checked
Thank YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!! Thank You!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement