[.net] Easy ClickOnce wrapper for firefox/opera compatibility.

Started by
3 comments, last by RipTorn 17 years, 9 months ago
Hey. Thougth I'd share. Here is a little package that I whipped up. It will let you create firefox/opera compatible ClickOnce .exe files. So no more problems requiring internet explorer to be the default browser on the sysetm for the .application file to run properly. It uses WinRar SFX self extracting archive, so you actually get a smaller .exe too :-) enjoy. PS I made this a while ago so there may be other options out there already. [Edited by - RipTorn on July 19, 2006 11:15:05 PM]
Advertisement
interesting. well, i have ietab installed, with every url containing .application opened with ie... :D but thats a nice thing, i have to remember that for myself.
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

Have a working example of its use up and running? Seems pretty interesting [wink].
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
I have actually found one problem with it I will need to fix... if the machine restarts after the .net 2 install (which only seems to happen if you don't have 1.1 installed) then the files extracted are deleted and the application install fails the on the reboot.

I do have working examples up... but they are confidential buisiness apps I'm working on.

(actually, the first version I put up accidentally had the link to our test apps' .application file in the example... ops :-) however no one had downloaded it according to our server logs so *phew*)
Ok since you all seem to be demanding proof, here.. I made a 'useful' example application. :P

As can hopfully be seen, in Opera/furryfox you should link to 'websetup.exe' which will go ahead install prereq's, and then invoke the .dll that does the click once installing manually, not going through the default browser (which only works when IE is default).

I do not recommend running this unless you do have .net 2.0 installed. You may be dissapointed after the half-hour install to find it's simply a proof of concept :P

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement