• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
kakum

Opal issues

This topic is 4409 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to compile ODE version 0.5 to be used with OPAL. I have downloaded and unpacked the .tgz, run the appropriate .bat file (double, with trimesh) and am trying to compile ode.sln with Visual Studio 2006. Initially, I get a bunch of link errors describing functions outlined in msvcdefs.def. I have removed t hese functions from the file, and the link errors disappear. Instead, a whole new slew of linker errors come up, unresolved external errors indicating methods such as dCollide can not be found. Is there any requisiute steps I might have omitted in installing ODE, please don't hesitate to let me know. Looming deadlines, you know? [Edited by - kakum on July 20, 2006 2:54:01 PM]

Advertisement
Is 2006 even out yet? O_o.

All I did to compile it was I downloaded the source file (I think I got the zip), I opened the ode solution and built it in 2005 express.

Whoops, 05, that is.

Thanks a bunch, that worked just fine. The instructions I was following were clearly bogus.

Unfortunately Opal is still a bit of a pain regarding... ya know, physics.

Has anyone else used this engine and had a problem where only forces applied in the y direction affect a body's position, and the effect is in the wrong direction?

Hmmm, this thread now needs a subject change.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!