Feeback Request - Website

Started by
6 comments, last by dmail 17 years, 8 months ago
I've put together a design for a my new site and would like feedback on the layout and colours. There is next to no content at the moment. www.liamdevine.co.uk &#106avascript needs to be enabled to load the header and footer into the page, If anybody has any browsing problems with the site, please inform me of the problem and the browser used. Thank you.
Advertisement
Bump :(
  • The url color scheme is problematic: visited links can be confused with non-link (white) text.

• I could count 4 different types of bordered boxes: white top/bottom, large red, small red, white border. Why not settle for only one?

• The "game engine" title (red on black) clashes with the otherwise red background of the title box. Make it white on red like the other titles, with an underline.

• Be consistent in header spacing (New Content has no margin, Game Engine does).

• Well, a period (as in "New Content.") doesn't fit in a title or header.

• Top series of links has red separators, bottom series of links has white separators.

• Your web site is invalid.

• Don't use several fonts (for instance, in the navigation area) unless you have a very good reason to (such as rendering source code).

• Watch out for left and right margins on your objects. Some boxes stick too much to the left and not to the right (for instance, the footer).

• [Religion] Frames? You break both my address bar and most search engines.

• [Religion] .txt instead of .jsp?

• [Religion] <br/> or | as separators, instead of using a <ul>?

• [Religion] Why depend on JSP for things as trivial as a header and footer, and thus triple the required number of HTTP requests?

Thanks for the feedback.
I agree with all but the following:
Quote:The "game engine" title (red on black) clashes with the otherwise red background of the title box. Make it white on red like the other titles, with an underline.

Yet it is a link and all links are red.(except for a dumb error in visted :) )

Quote:Your web site is invalid.

It may seem it is, yet it is not.
Actual page check not frame check
Quote:Original post by dmail
Yet it is a link and all links are red.(except for a dumb error the visted :) )

Well, my personal opinion is that a black box in the middle of a title is ugly. Your mileage may vary.

Quote:Actual page check not frame check

The frame still is non-compliant.

Quote:
Well, my personal opinion is that a black box in the middle of a title is ugly. Your mileage may vary.

I will take that on board.

Quote:The frame still is non-compliant.

There is nothing I can do about that, it is forwarded by the company which I have the domain name.

Thanks again
The red is too bright, I suggest you tone it down a bit.

The "NEW CONTENT" box sticks out and has no left border... just looks awkward.

The box in the center is too far down and seems to be just floating in the middle of nowhere. The title (a link) doesn't stand out enough.

The link color scheme is also hurtful to the eyes as well as the highlighted code.
Thanks for the comments Krisc.
Quote:The box in the center is too far down and seems to be just floating in the middle of nowhere. The title (a link) doesn't stand out enough.

Hmm which broswer are you using?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement