Sign in to follow this  

Simple graphics engine

This topic is 4162 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone! I've been studying C++ on and off for a couple of years (summers mostly) but now I'm thinking of converting to C# because I like the Java style progtramming. Anywho, my question is if anyone has any advice on how I could learn to write a graphics engine. All I want to be able to do (at first) is create a window with [enter color here] background and be able to put a [enter color here] dot at a sepcified coordinate. The WINAPI was a nightmare. I didn't recognize ANYTHING, didn't seem like the C++ I've learnt meant anything. I fought it for a while though but gave up after a lot of headaches. DirectX seem to only handle 3D graphics. For now I want to experiment with genetic algorithms and evolution simulations for which I only need dots.. maybe later further develop the engine but I can't find anything for the C++ programmer out there. Please, anyone, help :S

This topic is 4162 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.