Sign in to follow this  

3d model format of choice

This topic is 4167 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Quick preference question looking for suggestions. I'm pretty confortable with 3d environments, matrices, etc, but I've never really delved into actually animating models (as in artist defined animations as opposed to simple matrix operations on the model as a whole). At one point quite a while ago, I played with the built in .X animation stuff (MDX), but it never worked for me (always threw obscure exceptions). Out of convenience, I'm still somewhat okay with the idea of .X files and the built in animation stuff (if I can get it to work), but I'm looking at other options, as well. </background> My question is such: What model formats would you suggest for animated models? I've looked a bit into the various generations of Id formats (MD2, MD3, MD5) and they seem to be pretty clean in how they're laid out, but I'm not sure if I should go with them or something else. Basically, I'm looking for a format that lends itself to animation pretty easily without a TON of messing around. Suggestions and insights would be great, thanks! [Edited by - Instruo on July 20, 2006 7:32:10 PM]

This topic is 4167 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.