New Model for my game

Started by
8 comments, last by medevilenemy 17 years, 8 months ago
I've just finished a new 3D model for my game. it is at: medevilenemy.f2o.org/typeg.obj What do you all think of it? The game it will go in is at medevilenemy.f2o.org/pp.html.
There was a saying we had in college: Those who walk into the engineering building are never quite the same when they walk out.
Advertisement
I'm not loading that up in a model loader, just post an image.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
it's aight... what is it? it looks like a two-handed gun or tazer weapon of some sort. there are quite a few wasted polys however.
It is a ship (it looks alot cooler with its texture) I'm sure there are quite a few wasted polygons, but hey i'm not an artist. I'm a programmer [lol].
There was a saying we had in college: Those who walk into the engineering building are never quite the same when they walk out.
Quote:Original post by medevilenemy
It is a ship (it looks alot cooler with its texture) I'm sure there are quite a few wasted polygons, but hey i'm not an artist. I'm a programmer [lol].

then why don't you just post a pic of it with its full texture on it?

-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
Because I dont want to reveal the final thing until it has been integrated into a level in my game, and as of yet I haven't written a level for it.
Because I dont want to reveal the final thing until it has been integrated into a level in my game, and as of yet I haven't written a level for it.

k... then why show the model at all?
for a bit of a tease, and for feedback on the design itself.
for a bit of a tease, and for feedback on the design itself.

well, if its feedback you want then here it goes...
1.)it has 1036 polys! that design should only be using maybe 400 at the most.
2.)i hope this isn't going to be casting shadows because you have 64 open edges, although this could have been caused by a bad import, it is hard to tell if you made it that way or not, but if you did and it is going to eb casting stencil shadows you will need to close those open edges.
other than that i findthe design kind of broing, however it may be more exciting with the textures applied... but i wouldn't know.

There will be no shadows (at least for now). And the open edges are mostly a byproduct of unwelding vertices. I might try to close them up in a couple days, but first i'm going to try to finalize a couple more designs.

It probably should have fewer polys, but again i'm not an artist... I made it the way I could to make it look nice, not to be efficient :-)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement