Making a Concept Pitch Proposal

Started by
2 comments, last by chillinvillain 17 years, 9 months ago
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone had any experience (giving or recieving) written proposals to big companies for games has any suggestions (or better, something I could look at). I have managed to get a proposal "look over" from Sierra Online and, as they said "It needs to speak for itself". Some questions I have: -Format (pdf, doc, what would be more grabbing?) -style (concept presentation with occasional bulleted points? Concept art? How deep to go, where to stop/not include, where not to stop/to include?) Now this is a total "think tank" proposal, with no illusions of coding or game engine/tech aspect inclusions. Any help would be great. CV
Advertisement
I would go with PDF has the format as it is standard format for professional publications

As for what your document should include, there are essentially two parts an abstract and detailed document. The abstract is your hook or pitch document. It should be a 1 to 2 page summary of your main document that should entice the reader into reading the main document, as well as giving them a positive initial impression of your concept idea.

The main document should be a detailed explanation of the game concept with out being overly specific. It should present all your ideas so that the reader sufficiently understands them and they will work together. Don’t be overly verbose and take advantage of bullet points, and concept art. Also remember it’s not a technical document so you should not mention any technical information unless you are utilizing a piece of technology in a special way. Such as, the user will use voice commands to control their avatar while in audio battle mode.
Call them and ask what they prefer.

--www.physicaluncertainty.com
--linkedin
--irc.freenode.net#gdnet

thanks for the advise guys.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement