Sign in to follow this  
amo1984

[web] [ALPHA] Endless-soul - browser based RPG

LOL, this would probably be the most "buggiest" game you can ever find from the human history. I started this project about a week ago, its no where near complete but I had been working very hard since then. Basically, it is still a single player flash RPG, only thing different is that it has a party chat function. (Which somehow allows me to assume it as a semi-multiplayer game :-\ ) There are a total of 7 classes and 14 skills. Your classes are determined by your status points. For example if you have 20 STR and a basic level 5 sword skill, you will then be automatically assigned as a “swordsman”. Find a party at the tavern, you might meet me there :) Here's some picture: Character creation screen Party screen Battle screen World map Skill screen game client: http://www.endless-soul.org/ register link: http://www.endless-soul.org/register_send.php I would really appreciate some crits or suggestions, thanks in advance :)

It seems pretty cool bro. I managed to get to level 11 in about 5 minutes, and i could kill almost every monster I encountered with 1 low-power hit... and never took any damage, but the idea is pretty cool. As for feedback.... I'd kinda like to see the map about twice the size it is now. Or, at minimum, some sort of mini-map to tell me where I am. Is this to be a 'beat it once and you're done' type game or a 'never ending series of quests' type game? Also, I'd suggest some more significant landmarks on the map to set as a reference point for my warriors location.

Ermmm...You are not suppose to kill everything in 1 hit lol, its a serious party bug that is causing the problem. I have just fixed it and made a database wipe, and have since then received a few hard words from the players :(

Anyway thanks for your suggestion, I'll keep that in mine on the next patch.

Guest Anonymous Poster
hmm, flash interface. very easy to hack though, the player files are too easy to obtain add some security.

Quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
hmm, flash interface. very easy to hack though, the player files are too easy to obtain add some security.

hmm which "player files" are you referring to? The player's database? They are all stored in a mysql database which is hardly accessible so I guess you might be referring to the server side PHP scripting (which was used to transfer data between the flash client and the database)

Yes it is easy for players to find out those files, but last week, I have added 3 layers of verification into each and every important page. Not to say that it is impossible to hack, at least, it will keep out normal users from trying to access those file and cheat in this game.

Please tell me if you are able to find a way to hack it through accessing those files, and I'll try to sort it out ;) thanks

Guest Anonymous Poster
it may calm you to know this but there must have been a misunderstanding, i was speaking of flash interface games in general. when i said "add some security" i was referring to the fact that security is vital and that i advise you do so.

im sorry for the misunderstanding.