Sign in to follow this  
annoyer101

New To GBA Programming

Hello. I decided a while ago to start to go back and forth between programming Visual Basic and GBA Programming. I have been studying and practicing VB for a while now and have decided to switch over to GBA programming for a while. So I've done some research on the subject and here's what I know so far: ======================================================================== 1--I have to have a GBA compiler (in my case one that uses C) 2--I must know C or C++ 3--I have to use a linker to send the game to a flash cart ================================== Now, here's some questions I have: ================================== 1--What is a good (free) GBA compiler and how do I install it? 2--Is a graphics library requiered? If so, would I be able to use a computer graphics library or does the GBA have a library of it's own? 3--Are there any good tutorials available? If so, what's the link to the website? ============================================== If anybody could answer any of these questions or tell me if I have some wrong info, I would heavily appreciate it. Thank you.

As far as I know you don't need an API. GBA programming accesses the hardware directly.

-Stenny