Sign in to follow this  
limpacp

Switching tasks problem

Hello! The situation: game is running, i've oppened Windows Task Manager, select Application tab, and choose another application in the list. After pressing "Switch to" button, my game going minimized and selected application is in focus. Looks fine, but, when i'm trying to switch back to my game (selecting from the list and pressing "switch to" button) nothing happens. My game still minimized. Out QA is really not happy with that. My WindowProc handles WM_SETFOCUS, but i don't know what i have to do. I've tryed to call ShowWindow(hWnd, SW_MAXIMIZE); but it not helped me. Please, help!

Is this a full screen game? With DirectX, you can "lose" your resources when alt-tabbing out of your game and need to test for this condition and restore them, although you would normally see at least an empty window or blank screen restore.

It's a windowed mode.
Our device is handling "lost device" etc... The problem ony when switching tasks in Windows Task Manager. I can't restore the game, it's remains minimized. But if i'm cliking on it in the tool bar the game window will restore and it will work fine. Our QA wants that task switching works too.

I found that if i'm switching to another app, then swithing back by using Windows Task Manager, the command SetForegroudWindow failed. But if i'm switching back to my game by clicking on game icon on the Toolbar it works fine.
In both mothods the game window is not minimized, as i understant it just go back in z-order.