Im bored of text!

Started by
18 comments, last by Driv3MeFar 17 years, 9 months ago
Also, will SDL work with visual c++ 2005 express edition???
##########################################################You'll have time to rest when you're dead - Robert De Niro
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by bxela1
Also, will SDL work with visual c++ 2005 express edition???

Yes.
------------------This is so stupid!
well my IDE got 13 errors from the 2nd tut.

It had stuff like:

SDL_Delay is referenced in SDL main

And the last error was a fatal one because of the unsettled errors or sumthing.
##########################################################You'll have time to rest when you're dead - Robert De Niro
well my IDE got 13 errors from the 2nd tut.

It had stuff like:

SDL_Delay is referenced in SDL main

And the last error was a fatal one because of the unsettled errors or sumthing.

You did download, install and then set your editor up for SDL didn't you? Only reason I ask is because from the time I said you could use SDL with VS to the time you got an error was less than 8 mins.
i made the program 1 hour ago and i have done what the tut said to install.
You have to link in the libraries.

Go under Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->VC++ Directories. Under the selection box "Show Directories For", select "Library Files" and add the directory to which you installed SDL. There should be a folder in that directory called "Lib". This is the folder you want to add to the list. Type it in or browse for it.

Next, select Project->Properties->Linker->Input, and under Additional Dependencies, enter these items separated by a space: "SDL.lib SDLMain.lib"; if your reference material calls for others, add them as well. I'm not sure if there's anything else you need for the SDL library. You could alternatively do this right in your code with:
#pragma comment(lib, "SDL.lib")
#pragma comment(lib, "SDLMain.lib")
Simply add those before you include anything, at the top.

This should hopefully get you started [smile]
.:<<-v0d[KA]->>:.
IT WORKS!!!!!
IT WORKS!!!!!

You will quickly learn that v0dka is the bomb with alot of this stuff. Him and Zahlman(sp?).
Quote:Original post by -JetSirus-
IT WORKS!!!!!

You will quickly learn that v0dka is the bomb with alot of this stuff. Him and Zahlman(sp?).

(me == noob, compared to some around here. This just happens to be my summer break, so I have a lot of free time to help [smile]).
.:<<-v0d[KA]->>:.
Quote:Original post by -JetSirus-
IT WORKS!!!!!

You forgot the benevolent and seemingly all-knowing Fruny.
Edit: And, you know, a whole bunch of other people too.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement