VS Studio 2003 .NET - No output window

Started by
3 comments, last by Arild Fines 17 years, 9 months ago
Hi people I am using Visual Studio 2003 .NET and my output window has dissapeared I I have no idea how to get it back. I have tried going to view->other windows->output and also hit CTRL+ALT+O but, in both cases, nothing happens. I don't know what I've done to disable this but I'm getting no compliation output so have no idea what errors I have in my code. Can anyone help?
Gary.Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish.
Advertisement
Try replacing your main method implementation with something trivial, like Console.WriteLine("Hello world!");. Does anything happen? Also, double-check to see that the Output window hasn't been docked to one of the sides of the window.
- k2"Choose a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life." — Confucius"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will get you everywhere." — Albert Einstein"Money is the most egalitarian force in society. It confers power on whoever holds it." — Roger Starr{General Programming Forum FAQ} | {Blog/Journal} | {[email=kkaitan at gmail dot com]e-mail me[/email]} | {excellent webhosting}
Everything looks okay docking wise, although not 100% certain what to look for?

No joy when replacing main() either????

Also looked in Tools->Options->Environment->Projectsand Solutions and all the relevant message windows tick boxes are ticked.

What can it be?
Gary.Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish.
Just to be clear, does nothing happen when you compile and run your trivialized program? No windows pop up, no "Building..." text in your display?
- k2"Choose a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life." — Confucius"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will get you everywhere." — Albert Einstein"Money is the most egalitarian force in society. It confers power on whoever holds it." — Roger Starr{General Programming Forum FAQ} | {Blog/Journal} | {[email=kkaitan at gmail dot com]e-mail me[/email]} | {excellent webhosting}
He's not talking about the console window, he's talking about the Visual Studio output pane, where, among other things, build output appears.

Try renaming the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\1033\CmdUI.prf file and restarting VS. It might help.
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement