Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
nail85

3DS Max SDK and FX shader materials

This topic is 4443 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Hi all. I don't know if someone even had this problem, but... I wrote an export plugin for 3ds max 8 which is based on 3DXI (former name is IGame). All works fine untill I have an object in scene which have "Direct3D9 FX Shader" material. If I'll use built-in fx "blend_dxsas", "fur", "HammerTime" my plugin crashes at very beginning on 3DXI initialization (!) with Access Violation error:
IGameScene* p3DXI = GetIGameInterface();

IGameConversionManager* cm = GetConversionManager();
cm->SetCoordSystem(IGameConversionManager::IGAME_D3D);
p3DXI->InitialiseIGame(m_exportSelection); // here
p3DXI->SetStaticFrame(0);
Other built-in FX'es work. Have anyone got this max bug? P.S. I discovered that one of the reasons is letter case in technique description:
technique regular
{ 
    pass one 
    {		
	ZEnable = true;
	ZWriteEnable = true;
	alphablendenable = true;  // <<<<<<<
	SrcBlend		 = srcalpha;
	DestBlend		 = invsrcalpha;
	CullMode = none;
    }
}
doesn't works, but
technique regular
{ 
    pass one 
    {		
	ZEnable = true;
	ZWriteEnable = true;
	AlphaBlendEnable = true; // !!!!
	SrcBlend		 = srcalpha;
	DestBlend		 = invsrcalpha;
	CullMode = none;
    }
}
works!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!