Sign in to follow this  

MFC - Borderless Splitter Windows?

This topic is 4168 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello. I am trying to create a dialog box that has a navigation section that remains static, and a content section that changes depending on what the user clicks on in the navigation section. I want it to look similar to the preferences panels found in programs like Firefox and Gimp, where you have a tree or list control on the left which contains a list of categories that you can select, and a content area on the right that updates depending on your selection. I thought I could use splitter windows for this, but when I do so I get an ugly resizing border in between the views. How is this normally done? Do they just create one view that has many overlapping controls, and simply show/hide the controls based on what categories the user clicks on? Or is there an easier way?

This topic is 4168 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.