What programs do you use to draw?

Started by
26 comments, last by ianp622 17 years, 9 months ago
Thanks for the ideas. I definitely will check them out. I don't think I would want to pay the $80 for Paint Shop Pro 10 though. Gimp or Gimpshop sounds pretty good though.
Advertisement
I am still wishing that someone would port Deluxe Paint (or a reasonable facsimile) from the Amiga to OS X. Pixen is good but doesn't come anywhere near.
I don’t. I hit up one of my buddies to make me some art if I need it. I have no talented to draw anything beyond stick figures.
For tiles I like using Buttonz and Tilez for random stuff but for more detailed stuff I use Tile Studio

for sprites I 3D model them in anim8or then use the gimp to scale and make sure the animations were fine.

I sometimes use flash, but my art skills are horrible.
Quote:Original post by Ravuya
I am still wishing that someone would port Deluxe Paint (or a reasonable facsimile) from the Amiga to OS X. Pixen is good but doesn't come anywhere near.

You've just reminded me how simple life was when I used to write games with AMOS. Tears in eyes as I write this. Bring back BOBs.
MSPaint (Pixel art)
Corel Photo-paint(big stuff)
Photoshop(more different big stuff)

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

Art Rage 2 (I need to register for the full version; it's only $20!), PhotoShop, Inkscape. I can't afford/justify Illustrator as yet.

Also, there's good old pencil and paper, which, when combined with a good scanner, greatly accelerates the early stages of your work. The hard part is finding a sketchbook that has scanner-friendly binding (or a scanner with a flex hinge and side skirts).

Also, Paint.NET.
Ehh, let's see here.

The game we are making now, we have decided to go after a new style. All art will be done by hand. Although, test art is done by me in Adobe Photoshop CS2.

Chad.
I use Paint Shop Pro X. If you watch for mail in rebates, you can probably get the latest version of Paint Shop Pro for ~$60 to $50 after rebates. I bought my version a year ago from the local Fry's just because of the rebate opportunity. I think Paint Shop Pro is a great cheap alternative to the very expensive Photoshop app. I tried Gimp before I bought Paint Shop Pro, but i really just could not get use to Gimp's interface. Needless to say, Paint Shop Pro was worth every penny of the little money that I spent on it.
I use The Gimp, it's cheap as free and performs as expected.
------------------This is so stupid!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement