Cult game

Started by
2 comments, last by digimax 17 years, 9 months ago
Hi there I'm new to this forum and I like the stuff I see posted here. I'm currently working on a competition entry in Dundee, Scotland. The competition is called Dare to be digital. We have 10 weeks to create a game with a team of 6! Our game is a Sim-rts hybrid where you have to create a cult and convert the inhabitants of a city to your cult and then try to undermine your enemies and sway their belief. At the moment I have created the city people in Maya, rigged them and done some animation. There are six different demographics in the city: Struggler Traditionalist Trendy Yuppie Idealist Student Can you tell which is which from this pic?: http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/Serate/CityPeople.jpg Cheers for the help
Advertisement
1st group - Yuppies (I'd cut their pants a tad higher into some loose-fitting capris)
2nd - Students (Those pants don't scream "student" to me at all - I'd give the guy some baggy khakis with pockets)

After that, I have no idea. Both the athletic looking couple near the right and the grunged out / club people in the left-center could be "Trendy", and I have no clue who is a struggler (what does that mean? a blue collar worker? someone living in poverty?), an idealist, or a traditionalist.

Kult House - Fresh Production Media

Struggler- #3
Traditionalist- #6? #4?
Trendy- #5? #4?
Yuppie- #1
Idealist- #5? #4?
Student- #2

But most of this is moot anyway, I doubt you're going to redo the characters... you should have perhaps posted a question like this when you were doing design work?

Characters look quite good and vibrant, though, and good for an RTS with their giant heads, hands, a feet, which bring out alot of character.
-------------www.robg3d.com

From left to right:

Yuppies - Their clothes, and the slippers. I'll change the colour of their pants, though, to a brighter colour.
Students - The backpack!
Struggler (I assume it'll mean druggies/thugs etc.)- At first I thought this might be trendy, until I saw the patterns on the arms and pants.
Traditionalist - because they look.. old?
Trendy - Jeans. The shirt colour is a tad bright, though, but if it's an RTS game, it'll be easy to identify.
Idealist - I think it is.

Good luck with the competition!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement