anycode for facial expression simulation??

Started by
9 comments, last by Funkymunky 17 years, 9 months ago
hi, are there any codes available for simulating facial expressions? i've searched a lot but didn't seem to find any.
Advertisement
No.

No one's going to freely distrubute 'code' that will generate facial expressions.
The closest thing you *might* find is a licensed library or api for a facial expression package.
I don't know any names off the top of my head, but plan on spending $$$.
I remember seeing a old demo in ATI developer site, that simulated facial expressions, you can probably find it if you dig enough. I think it used precanned animations, tough.
The Expression Facial Animation Project is a good start. Hope this helps.
Developer Journal: The Life of Corman
thank you guys for all the replys. corman you sent a really nice link. ok now another request ...... i was hoping to find any implementations or demos on Wrinkle Simulation due to aging effect of the human face. i have found papers but no demos or distributions. so help again!!!!!!!!!
Actually, the newest release of OGRE includes a sample called "FacialAnimation" which includes a character that runs through all the mouthshapes and whatnot...
as far as wrinkle simulations, i think you're better off doing something like that yourself. The easiest way to do it is to have your artist make a young/smooth texture and an old/wrinkled texture, and interpolate between the two (and bumpmap it).

Can you throw up some links to the wrinkle papers you've found? All I found was a chapter from GPU Gems detailing skin with subsurface scattering and occlusion querying.
i have found the following papers..........

www.iee.org/oncomms/pn/visualinformation/3_2%20Catherine%20Hill%20slides.pdf
www.miralab.unige.ch/papers/98.pdf
www.dii.unisi.it/~sarti/caricature/aging_tpami.pdf
Automatic Aging of Adult Faces in Images
www.miralab.unige.ch/papers/97.pdf
Firstly, try Facegen, it's only a demo, but try it out.

There's an option to export each phoneme as a .3ds file. (around 29 of them IIRC).

I did a demo ages ago where I used each of these phoneme meshes as a morph target, and lerp'ed between them to get a prestty smooth lip sync going on.

I believe Valve uses something similar in HL2.

developing something like Facegen is impossible for me at this stage. i would prefer something simpler.searching with "simulating aging effect on face images" retured a lot of papers. i really don't have the time building from scratch. so if any of you know where to get some source then plzzzz tell me. thanks........

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement