Sign in to follow this  

Platform SDK missing some files

This topic is 4161 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I installed the Platform SDK, following the instructions ( he he finaly i got it :P ) i found that the platform SDK for windows 2003 r2 is missing a file in the folder "Include" So when i made a testrun after instaling the SDK platform i got a following error: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'excpt.h': No such file or directory Can somebody please post here a link or some info on where to get the missing file 'excpt.h' ( or prehaps you could host this file on some site like http://www.badongo.com/ ) and post the link here it would be just great) Any help is apriciated. -FasT NOTE: Just my luck i gues... every time i try something new i get atleast 10 problems... and when they are solved.. then .. wow another problem ... well lucky me ...

that's odd, it's included in my Platform SDK directory. it's in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include\crt directory (note: your C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK directory may vary). maybe u didn't set up your include directories in VS completely?

NOTE: im a beginner at all this stuff.

Well, i did follow the instructions at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/usingpsdk/

There in step 3:
i didnt have the directory (Executable files: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\Bin)

in my VCProjectEngine.dll.express.config file so i just wrote it.. ( but that couldnt be the problem, could it ?)

but for the rest all seems to be fine ( sofar ) all i need is that 'excpt.h' file ... ( anyplace where i could get it ?)

P.S.

I did check the Include Folder and didnt find that file so its missing...( i scaned / searched the whole Platform folder and no results)

what's the size of the PSDK exe that you downloaded? it should be around 400 or more MB (i dled the ISO version). is there anything even in the crt directory (STL headers and such)? could be an incomplete download...

You have to tell vs.net which Platform SDK to use, it ships with one. There used to be an executable that you could run that would add that info to vs.net.

If you can't find it you'll need to add the path to your Tools/Options/C++/Include options and do the same for the library options as well.

Cheers
Chris

I also downloaded the ISO but the thing that freaks me out is that some file are missing...

I tryed to put it the one Ranger50000 uploaded .. all i got was an error that the file ist the right one ...

then i tryed the one from VS 8 Include folder but then it showed me that i miss some more files in .h format...

i gues thee is something wrong with my platform file ...

gonna re intsall it .. if dosent help then re dowload it ...

damn i gues im the ony one with such dumb luck...

Anyway thanks for your help guys

-FasT

well, i reinstaled the Platform ( from ISO download ) the problem is the same..

All i can do here is give an Advice not to download the ISO download ( files missing ) ISO size 409MB but still files missing... that sux hard...

Anyone else had such problems that the excpt.h file was missing ?

-FasT

Guest Anonymous Poster
so this is what you downloaded right? the Mar 2006 PSDK version? if so, yeah, the default install installs all those files. the only thing i can think of is it's a corrupted download or something.
YG

yeah thats the one.. i gues it hastobe corupt download... anyway gonna try the Web setup download... and see what happens ( hopefully will work :P )

[Edited by - FasT on July 22, 2006 7:09:21 PM]

WoW .... tryed web Setup but the same problem :/

------ Build started: Project: test, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling...
stdafx.cpp
c:\program files\microsoft platform sdk for windows server 2003 r2\include\windows.h(157) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'excpt.h': No such file or directory
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\test\test\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
test - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Damn... i gues its easyer to buy some good VS version

Anyone can sugest a VS version that can be used to program with OpenGL and dosent requer the SDK platform download..

Thanks!

-FasT

okey the problem with the missing files was fixed but with that a new problem was created...

Or just simply:

The missing files were found at ( Include\crt ) and ( Lib\amd64 )folders

now i dont get any missing files errors but instead im getting Linking Errors:

------ Build started: Project: test, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Linking...

test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8 referenced in function _wWinMain@16

test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp referenced in function _wWinMain@16

test.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown

test.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase

test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie referenced in function "long __stdcall WndProc(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long)" (?WndProc@@YGJPAUHWND__@@IIJ@Z)

test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @__security_check_cookie@4 referenced in function "long __stdcall WndProc(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long)" (?WndProc@@YGJPAUHWND__@@IIJ@Z)

LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wWinMainCRTStartup

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\test\Debug\test.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 7 unresolved externals

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\test\test\Debug\BuildLog.htm"

test - 8 error(s), 0 warning(s)

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Any sugestions ?

Thanks !

-FasT

This topic is 4161 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.