object oriented analysis and design for a fighting game engine

Started by
0 comments, last by leoptimus 17 years, 8 months ago
ok, here is the deal, i am a computer science engineering graduate, but i those 2 years since i did graduate i have not been able to land a job in my area, that meaning i have not practiced much, to top that i took OOA&D 3 years ago, so i am a bit rusty, while i coudl still go for a simple database app and suceed, for something like a game engine, i need a very good reminder. So can the people here suggest some good articles on OOA&D focused to game engines ? also some tips would help me a lot.
Advertisement
Hi.
Most of the Game Engines haven't used an Object Oriented Analysis and Design approach. However they are well structured for making powerful games at mind speed. Forget all your knowledge about RUP and UML practices, they are not longer useful for games ( I think).

I suggest you, for starting, to work with Blender. No need programming for make games:
www.blender.org/cms/Game_Blender.365.0.html

However, is needed that you learn to program and improve your skills on algorithm design and code optimization, and managing languages like c++ and phyton. When you've learned programming, you will be able to use Torque, a good game library for games. Another goodies are Irrlitch, Crystal Space, Ogre3D.
Search on wikipedia.org about game engines, there are a lot of info.

[Edited by - leoptimus on August 3, 2006 1:59:01 AM]
"Technocracy Rules With Supremacy" visit: http://gimpact.sourceforge.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement