openal linux linker question

Started by
5 comments, last by glJack 17 years, 9 months ago
It's a stupid queston... I'm trying to compile some openal code under linux and I don't know what is the library name which I should link my objects with. I tried -lopenal, but it doesn't work. What is the name of the openal lib in linux? Thanx for help
Advertisement
Are you sure you have the openal development libraries installed on your machine?
Quote:Original post by glJack
It's a stupid queston... I'm trying to compile some openal code under linux and I don't know what is the library name which I should link my objects with. I tried -lopenal, but it doesn't work. What is the name of the openal lib in linux?

Thanx for help

Perhaps a neat online tutorial is what you need. Unfortunately I dont have a link for you.
----------------------------

http://djoubert.co.uk
SiCrane
Yes, I'm sure. I have all include files in /usr/include, I just don't know what are the names of the corresponding compiled objects
Try linking with -lopenal32
try `pkg-config --libs openal` or OpenAL, or something similar.
thanx everyone, -lopenal is fine. I downloaded openal, built and installed it myself and now it works. I don't know what the problem was. I even had libopenal.so.0 in my /usr/lib dir (I have SUSE linux 10.0 and openal is included by default), but the linker didn't see it for some reason.

Dizzy, maybe pkg-config --libs openal would help, but I've allready reinstalled it, so can't try this.

Thanx to all again

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement