Sign in to follow this  

problem: counting posible value in blackjack

This topic is 4165 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, i need help in my blackjack game. in my blackjack, Ace card have 2 possible value 1 and 11. so if a player have a more then 1 ace. how many possible value for the cards? i assume there 2 ace card then it will be 3 posibilities 1. 1 1 = 2 2. 1 11 = 12 3. 11 11 = 22 if 3 ace card then it will be 4 posiblities?? 1. 1 1 1 = 3 2. 1 1 11 = 13 3. 1 11 11 = 23 4. 11 11 11 = 33 and etc etc, assuming we have infinite ace what the best way to count all the posibilities exist? thx.

I've only just got out of bed, but isn't it the number of aces in the hand plus one, as you have shown above?

Let's have a think. A hand without aces has one possible score. Each ace you add to that hand creates two possible scores, so a hand with two aces in has three possible scores, a hand with three aces in has four and a hand with all four aces has five.

Think that is right and remains true regardless of the number of aces, since their position in the hand is not important.

If you are doing standard blackjack, there are only 2 combinations for any number of aces: +10 and +0. This is because any score over 21 has already lost, and 2 aces would be 22 if you counted them as 11 each.

This topic is 4165 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.