Sign in to follow this  
annoyer101

help with HAM compiler

Hello. I have came to a problem when using the HAM compiler for the GBA. I compiled this: #include <mygba.h> MULTIBOOT int main(void) { ham_Init(); ham_InitText(0); while(1) { ham_DrawText(0, 0, "Welcome!"); } return 0; } and recieved this under the files tab: /system/standard-targets.mak:136: warning: overriding commands for target `GBA' /system/standard-targets.mak:27: warning: ignoring old commands for target `GBA' make: Circular GBA <- GBA dependency dropped. /gcc-arm/bin/arm-thumb-elf-ld.exe -L /gcc-arm/lib/gcc-lib/arm-thumb-elf/3.3.2/interwork -L /gcc-arm/lib/gcc-lib/arm-thumb-elf/3.3.2 -L /gcc-arm/arm-thumb-elf/lib/interwork -L /gcc-arm/arm-thumb-elf/lib -L /gcc-arm/lib --script /system/lnkscript-afm -o GBA project.elf crt0.o main.o -lafm -lham -lm -lstdc++ -lsupc++ -lgcc -lc -lgcc /gcc-arm/bin/arm-thumb-elf-ld: cannot open project.elf: No such file or directory make: *** [project.elf] Error 1 Then the project stops compiling. I need to know what the problem is. Would someone please explain it? Thanks ahead of time, annoyer101

havent used ham for a couple of years but it looks like u havent setup the compiler correctly, would recomend looking through some of the gba dev forums, i remember there being a few good tutorials

I don't know much about GBA programming, but the message "overriding commands for target xxx" often means that you have two source files with equal filenames. And if you try to put their object files together in one folder, gcc-make causes this error.

In case I'm right:
Try renaming one of those files and it will work fine.