Sign in to follow this  
Arex

Small game project

I have been making this small spaceshooter game for a while, mainly for my 3D engine (works as a stress tester, in a way ;) ). Anyway, now is the time to release the second version of this game, you cannot do much in it : fly around and shoot enemies. :) Link (screenshot included) : Dawn Bringer 3D Download : Testing.zip The purpose is to make it ready, but the development is very slow because the main focus is not in the game. Anyway, all ideas, feedback, etc. are welcome. I cannot promise to make any of these ideas, but I'll try to add as much as I can and have time. :) The idea of releasing this demo is following : download it, start it, get bored and check the about FPS from windows title, post it in here with you computer information. Thanks! :)

The zip file was corrupted for some reason which I do not know. So the demo is now updated. Here is a screenshot :

Hi there,

your game run well on my laptop. Especially the particle effects look nice! However, the overall handling seems somewhat unintuitive to me... then again I was never an Asteroids champ :-)

System Specs:

Intel Centrino 1600 MHz
512 MB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
WinXP with SP2

With a resolution of 1280x800, the game produced between 160 and 49 FPS (the particles are responsible for the lower boundary).

I hope that helps. Maybe you could add some powerups for the ship (shields, accelerators, ...) and your weapon (homing, explosive, ...)?

In any case, keep on the good work!

Cheers

Calli

Thanks!

Yes, particles are currently slow, there is no cache for them, so 1 particle = batch, which is very ugly. I will solve this performance problem when I will have more time.

The game isn't even near ready yet, so I can't really say what kind of stuff there will be coming, but I'll definetly add the powerups. :)

Sign in to follow this