Ad screwup?

Started by
19 comments, last by Wan 17 years, 8 months ago
There's an ad for "Video Game Design Pro 2006" that is being shown in the header-bar ad space, but has the format of a tower ad from the front page. The net result is that the ad eats half the page and blocks access to any links that appear on the right side of the screen. In the past 5 minutes, it seems to have gone from appearing once every 15-20 pages to appearing on basically every page, which obviously is a problem. It's also one of the most unprofessional ads I've seen in years, and pretty much instantly put me off of whatever they're trying to sell. But that's basically irrelevant [smile] This is the full link: http://www.gamedev.net/banman/a.aspx?Task=Click&ZoneID=25&CampaignID=358&AdvertiserID=98&BannerID=464&SiteID=1&RandomNumber=57500

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

Advertisement
Just a suggestion, try the adblock addon for firefox. Fixes the problem right up [grin].

It is pretty dumb though!
I have philosophical objections to ad blockers.

I've been getting that one too. Makes it pretty difficult to read topics :/.
Seems to have gone away, so I guess this is now officially wasted intarwebnet space.

Yep, I think we fixed it. Cheers for the report.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

I'm not so certain you have, at least not the 'down the side' problem as I've just got it;

clicky to problem
[sad]
Fixed now. My mistake.
Quote:Original post by Myopic Rhino
Fixed now. My mistake.

I still get the ad. Does it take some time for the server to update?
Still getting it too. If it takes a while to work through the system, it must take a long while.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement