Dawnspire: Prelude Beta Accounts Available

Started by
16 comments, last by Negative 17 years, 8 months ago
Silent Grove Studios offers all GameDev.net visitors to come and participate in the Beta testing of Dawnspire: Prelude, a fast-paced online only action-RPG which focuses heavily on teamplay, tactics and player skill. For more information about the game see Dawnspire.com, for system requirements and Beta signup see the signup page. There’s only 100 accounts available, first come first serve!
Advertisement
Looks awesome - downloading now.
It does look awesome. I won't be able to dowload it for a few days buty i sure made an account. Rock on!
Very well done, reminds me alot of Guild Wars. Keep up the good work.
Developer Journal: The Life of Corman
Looks really great from the screens!
What are the other hardware requirements? That may be the deciding factor for me.
I'd hate to sign up with insufficient specs, taking a spot from someone who does.
____________________________________Spazuh- Because I've had too much coffee
Unfortunately I dont meet the hardware specs, but the game looks very good. I'd be very interested in seeing a demo video. Keep up the good work.
CPU and Memory requirements seem quite moddest although we haven't done any real low end tests, it runs pretty good on my underclocked Athlon 2800+ (Down @ 1GHz) with 512MB and a GeForce 6200, performance isn't exactly stellar but it remains playable at default resolution in the low quality mode, sometimes dipping down to 10 fps though but that actually is still playable.

/ Anders
its fun to play, when there are ppl online. Anyone got a direct link to the account page? I dont wanna sign up another account just to get there when someone else could have got it. Need to add skills :P

reply or pm me
Quote:
8. Competition
The User undertakes, for a period of six (6) months from acknowledging this Agreement, not to produce, develop or otherwise concern itself with any products or services which directly or indirectly compete or may compete with the Product.

Does this mean that if I want to try this beta I have to stop development of my engine for "a period of six months" because someone could possibly make a game with it that could "indirectly compete or may compete with the Product"?, seems a bit harsh to offer this to a game development community with that expectation.

Though that said it does look like a very impressive game, and as much as it pains me to not be able to play it I wish you the best of luck.
Negative:
Ahh, we always seem to miss that little detail. You can log in again at www.dawnspire.com/beta. Our mistake. Welcome back in! *blush*

CorpseProject_Admin:
Well, no. It's a point we're not really enforcing. It's there to protect us (especially earlier in the development) against someone having an engine up and running, playing our game and then producing "Pwnspire" or something to that effect, and releasing it before we could release our original product. We've already had a number of high-level industry people as well as hobby developers play the game so we don't see this as an issue at all. We'd love for you and everyone in your position to try our game, come on in!

/ Henrik Öquist, Silent Grove Studios

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement