Input devices with lots of sliders?

Started by
16 comments, last by benryves 17 years, 9 months ago
I'm looking for an input device for a computer that has a lot of sliders on it. I'd like a minimum of 8, but I'd prefer an ideal of 16 or possibly even more. I've looked around and all I can find are CH throttles with 6 sliders, for $200, which won't really suit my needs. I thought about maybe finding some kind of MIDI-enabled mixing board, but my searches have only found items that cost $2,000-$10,000, which is way out of my price range. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd like it to be cheaper than $200, if at all possible.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.
Advertisement
It does beg the question - Why?
Quote:Original post by Evil Steve
It does beg the question - Why?

For the same reason I'm programming the ability to control many mice plugged into the same computer! (Stupid Windows XP doesn't support multiple mice unless you hack into the Effing raw input model, effers.)

ie: it's a super-top-secret-awesome-project-that-will-kick-everyone's-arses-hardcore.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.
Get it to interface with this..

..or your project will never be cool.

Kult House - Fresh Production Media

Quote:Original post by Mithrandir
For the same reason I'm programming the ability to control many mice plugged into the same computer! (Stupid Windows XP doesn't support multiple mice unless you hack into the Effing raw input model, effers.)

Are you on drugs? Use icculus.org's manymouse library. It's already been done for you.
Quote:Original post by Ravuya
Quote:Original post by Mithrandir

Are you on drugs? Use icculus.org's manymouse library. It's already been done for you.

Well I've got to build an abstraction layer on top of that and DirectInput and DirectSound anyways, I just assumed it would be relatively painless to retrieve polymouse data on my own.

But now that you've shown me this, I won't be wasting my time hacking into Effing Windows.

"One mouse ought to be enough for anybody!"
Quote:Original post by Salsa
Get it to interface with this..

..or your project will never be cool.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?
I probably would buy some analog to digital board with many enough inputs and buy few slider variable resistors and wire it up myself.
Do they have to be sliders or will twisty knob things work? If so, try here and save a bit. If you simply must have sliders, then click here.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
I'd suggest a lemur, but only because they're friggin' cool. Probably out of (anyones) price range though. [sad]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement