• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Custom Scrollbar

This topic is 4223 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I have a custom GDI+ drawn scrollbar in an external library that I would like to use in controls that have scrollbars, ie: listboxes, richtext boxes. So how can I do this? I would GREATLY appreciate help with this because I truly have no idea.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
that's a broad question, kurt. do you have the source for this custom scrollbar, are you using plaing win32, mfc or .net? are you planning on writing a suite of custom controls or is this a one time thing.
please give us a bit more information on this one. just tell us a bit more in detail what you want to do.

cheers,
simon

Hi sorry about that, I usually do post all of that information (and more). I basically just want to replace the scrollbar in the listboxes/richtext boxes that my Visual Basic .NET 2003 application has, with one that I created in an external control library, it is a GDI+ drawn user control. I know I have to subclass the listbox, but I don't know how to actually change the scrollbar to that of my own.

Please help, and sorry about my late reply.

Here is the tutorial that I followed to create the scrollbar:
http://www.codeproject.com/vb/net/corescrollbar.asp

EDIT: So I just read something about HWND and WinProc in relation to the scrollbar of a listview (that was unsolved). So I think I need to get the HWND (whatever that is?) then the WinProc (I don't know what that is either) and then on the onpaint method of the scrollbar would I just put my GDI+ code in there instead of linking to the external library?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement