• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Seraphino7680

Good Game Engine

This topic is 4495 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello Everyone, I am not new to game development or software development, but recently I got a great idea for a good game, but I want a professional quality game engine. I want something somewhat like Beyond Virtual but here's my problem. I cannot afford $150 for a game engine at the time. Simply I was wondering if there are any good free game engines that are as powerful as this one. I do not want a rendering engine, but rather a full-fledge game engine. Thanks for the help. (No Negative Comments Please)

Advertisement
You can use the quake2 or quake3 engines. These are professional engines and are open source.

Why don’t you use the Evaluation version of the Beyond Virtual tools? It is free and the only limitation is that you can not export your final game projects into a stand-alone executable.
Making a complete game will take a lot of time, after that, if you want to publish your game or even sell it you can think about buying Beyond Virtual.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!