• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
gellin

Trace Log class

This topic is 4407 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need this for my C++ application. I've never used it before and was wondering if anyone could point me to something good to use that already exists. I need to log some data from the release build since it refuses to crash in debug. Thanks

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
there are numerous logging classes for c++ out there, which might be the reason no one answers your question.
as i'm a bit of a fan of the boost way of doing things i just wanted to point you at the work john torjo has done with his logging library (which has boost dependencies). (http://www.torjo.com) it follows the boost style and imo is quite nice to use. note, that this is not an official boost library. it has been submitted to the boost review process but has been rejected recently. i wouldn't let this stop me from using it, though. the quality of the library is rather high. boost standards are a little higher ;-) might be right thing for your needs.

if you don't want to use boost just have a look around. there's plenty of logging related stuff out there. and yes, sometimes an entire library is overkill. use what works for you not the wickedest implementation you can find.

cheers,
simon

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!