• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mojtaba_e

Game developing stages ?

This topic is 4439 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi friends, we are developed a new game company in Iran for developing game. We was programming a simple game engine (with OpenGL,DirectSound,...). We wanna some information about programs for testing us engine (memory test,...). We don't develope a game heretofore (we design an small demo only!). We wanna some primary guide about game developing. Is there somebody can help us?

Advertisement
I'm having a little trouble understanding your English, but it's much better than my Farsi! [grin]

You might try AMD's CodeAnalyst for your testing needs.

Also, I would suggest SDL for sound and input if you're going to use OpenGL. DirectSound and OpenGL can work together as far as I know, but SDL is portable and easy to use.

As for a "primary guide", can you be more specific about what you want?

Guest Anonymous Poster
Hello!

Can you elaborate, what kind of testing programs you are looking for?
I do not know any free memory testing programs for Windows, but ther are some excellent tools for Linux, like MemProf and Valgrind.
As of game developing guidelines, I am amateur myself - but I think the right place to start are gamedev articles and resources.

Lauris

compuware sells some analysis and debugging tools. Most of their new stuff is not very good - but their old stuff - SoftICE, BoundsChecker, TrueCoverage, TrueProfiler, etc ... it is pretty good.

Also, some of these features are built into the newest version of Microsoft Visual Studio Team Edition Developer - which is about $2000 more than the normal version of Visual Studio.

I know of many free .NET tools, but for C++ I don't know of many.

Thanks friends,
My mean is that,we are a amateur game developer and desirous to famillar
game developing levels.
For example i want know that what process we must passed to create a game.
I hope that you understand my mean!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!