• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

managed template class

This topic is 4231 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone, I have a problem with managed c++. I've been trying to convert a template class I have to managed and can't seem to crack it. does anybody know how to do it. template< class Type > class LinkedList { } I've tryied putting __gc everywhere with out success... Please help me. thanks

Advertisement
I've been looking around and tha was the same thing I found around. this is a quote from a forum I found

Quote:

In general, it's simply not possible: Generics are a runtime mechanism
implemented by the CLR. Templates are a compile time mechanism implemented
by the C++ compiler. There's simply no way the CLR can instantiate a
template based on the generic type parameter(s) - only the C++ compiler can
do that.

It seem to be really bad. Looks like managed C++ is great for gui and stuff like that but for anything else I'ts just doesn't cut it. kind of reduces the power of c++

Quote:
Original post by mvtapia
It seem to be really bad. Looks like managed C++ is great for gui and stuff like that but for anything else I'ts just doesn't cut it. kind of reduces the power of c++

Generics are plenty powerful, you're just being short sighted. C++/CLR is a completely different language, and you shouldn't expect everything to work exactly the same.

CM

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement