Need Advice/Suggestions/Critizism

Started by
14 comments, last by Code Fusion 17 years, 8 months ago
Quote:
Convert it to OOP.

Why?

Good programs can be written with procedural approaches you know. If the OP chose one model, why should we enforce him to follow another?
Advertisement
I'm gonna take a guess and say that your reading the 'Beginning Game Programming in C++' book.
Quote:Original post by mikeman
Quote:
Convert it to OOP.

Why?

Good programs can be written with procedural approaches you know. If the OP chose one model, why should we enforce him to follow another?

in good you mean small nifty programms. i agree that a tic tac toe game doesn't deserve all the complexity involved in OOP , but face it when are you going to see an FPS or a real time strategy designed without OO techniques involved.regarding the design : don't use a sledge hammer to kill a fly but keep it around incase you find more.
first regarding sleep:
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
Quote:
in good you mean small nifty programms.

Yes, because obviously that's the only kind of programs that was written before the 90's. And of course Linux is a "small nifty program".

Quote:
i agree that a tic tac toe game doesn't deserve all the complexity involved in OOP , but face it when are you going to see an FPS or a real time strategy designed without OO techniques involved.

When I look at the Quake3 source?

Let's not continue with this, but there is life outside of OOP. It's the programmers' decision which model he will follow.
not bad for a beginner :D

If you want to explore some fancy C techniques, then you could replace the vector that you're using to store the game state with a single integer using bitwise logic, but I'll leave that for you to explore later.
Allways question authority......unless you're on GameDev.net, then it will hurt your rating very badly so just shut the fuck up.

Yes, because obviously that's the only kind of programs that was written before the 90's. And of course Linux is a "small nifty program".

notice your usage of "was". people crossed deserts on the back of camels , does that mean they should still be doing that. in this era , any program that is going to be designed without using oop with probably be a "small nifty program" , cause if you make an objevctive analysis ,OOP wins hands down.

When I look at the Quake3 source?

they have thier reasons , and that's probably cause thier not coding from scratch.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement