• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Prozak

Can I use a WiFi Pen to share Internet?

This topic is 4465 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Using a single USB WiFi Pen, plugged on my PC, I was wondering if there is some way to share my PC's internet access with my WiFi-capable PDA, so that I can have wireless internet on the PDA...

Advertisement
If you are using just about any Windows OS since 98 SE, you should be able to setup Internet Sharing on your internet connection. It will basically give your PC basic routing capabilities with the other network interfaces in your PC. I'm sure you can do this an linux as well.

In Windows (XP), right click on the network connection that has the internet (the connection is usually hiding in something like Network and Dial-up Connections). Click Properties. Click the Advanced Tab. Click the check box for "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet Connection".

In linux you can bring up a WiFi interface in "Ad-Hoc" mode which, from what I understand, does what you want (WiFi communication without base station).

Windows probably have something similar.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!