• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Oni

OpenGL Anyone know a good set of libraries for the basics?

This topic is 4500 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all. I've been tasked to write a simple maze program / game with an editor to make these mazes. Essentially, im looking for some libraries that take the pain out of OpenGL. for example, ready textured primitives (so therefore JPG loading and the like), simple collision detection, basic mesh loading, possible AVI viewing and some basic camera stuff. now, thats practically an engine but something like Ogre and the like is a bit too much really. One example I did find was libQTGLViewer which is quite handy (since we will be using QT for the interface). But this doesnt do everything. Doe anyone have any handy libs or "almost engine" suggestions? Cheers

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!