• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3d8.h': No such file or directory

This topic is 4223 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ya I got this error- fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3d8.h': No such file or directory I havee the header file put in the project and the #include<d3d8.h> is there some special thing i have to do to connect it cuz i dont know any thing about linking and stuff an i got tha visual c++ 2005 express editon any help apreciated

Advertisement
Did you install the Platform SDK and/or the DirectX SDK?

When you say you have put the include file in the project, how exactly did you do this?

I don't know much about Visual C++ but it sounds to me as though wherever the d3d8.h file is located has not been added correctly to the IDE's search path for include files.

If you could describe exactly what you did to "put the include file in the project", I am sure people more familiar with VC++ can assist.

I just put the file drag an drop in the part of the solution explorer where it says header files then i put #include<d3d8.h> in my main .cpp
How do i add it to the IDE search path for include files

To add to the project path it's Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->VC++ Directories. From there you select library, include, etc and add the directory of what you want to add.
In your case you would select Include under 'Show directories for:' and add the path to the DirectX includes.

er how do i add the path to the DirectX includes in the include under show directories like wat do i type in to the box

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement