• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Moe

Survey: Are you using managed DirectX or unmanaged DirectX?

This topic is 4402 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How many of you are using unmanaged DirectX? How many of you are using managed DirectX? The reason I ask is I am curious to know how many people are working with MDX. I started a little project a while ago using C++ with unmanaged DirectX and had some wonderful D3D setup code. In one of my classes I have been learning C#, and I came across some good looking MDX tutorials. I am almost tempted to switch from unmanaged to managed. I don't feel like abandoning my old code, but at the same time I want the nice features of MDX (garbage collection, better casting between types, etc. Things just seem a little simpler). Any thoughts? What are your experiences like in working with unmanaged and managed DirectX?

Advertisement
One vote for Unmanaged DX. Although I'm using C++, and I haven't learnt C# yet, so I don't think it counts [smile]

I am using unmanaged. I was considering using managed for my debug build only, for better debugging (I heard this was possible though I've not tried it).

I am using unmanaged. I was considering using managed for my debug build only, for better debugging (I heard this was possible though I've not tried it).

im using unamanaged c++ on my main project, but managed on my side project...

but my vote goes to unamanged..

Unmanaged
I tried managed but wasn't used to C# at the time, so I switched back to unmanaged.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!