Survey: Are you using managed DirectX or unmanaged DirectX?

Started by
42 comments, last by S1CA 17 years, 8 months ago
How many of you are using unmanaged DirectX? How many of you are using managed DirectX? The reason I ask is I am curious to know how many people are working with MDX. I started a little project a while ago using C++ with unmanaged DirectX and had some wonderful D3D setup code. In one of my classes I have been learning C#, and I came across some good looking MDX tutorials. I am almost tempted to switch from unmanaged to managed. I don't feel like abandoning my old code, but at the same time I want the nice features of MDX (garbage collection, better casting between types, etc. Things just seem a little simpler). Any thoughts? What are your experiences like in working with unmanaged and managed DirectX?
Advertisement
cast one vote for the MDX side :-) my current project(s) are being built using the FlatRedBall 3.5d engine.
Joel Martinez
http://codecube.net
[twitter]joelmartinez[/twitter]
One vote for Unmanaged DX. Although I'm using C++, and I haven't learnt C# yet, so I don't think it counts [smile]
I am using unmanaged. I was considering using managed for my debug build only, for better debugging (I heard this was possible though I've not tried it).

I am using unmanaged. I was considering using managed for my debug build only, for better debugging (I heard this was possible though I've not tried it).

Managed DirectX for me

http://www.notjustcode.it

DirectX tutorial

im using unamanaged c++ on my main project, but managed on my side project...

but my vote goes to unamanged..
------------------------------------ IDLoco Game Studios
Unmanaged. You can count that as 20 votes if you want to count the entire programming staff here.

As with the other replies, nobody here has learned C# or managed code. We want cross platform code.
Managed DirectX
Unmanaged
I tried managed but wasn't used to C# at the time, so I switched back to unmanaged.
____________________________________Spazuh- Because I've had too much coffee

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement