adult swim, what have you done!

Started by
57 comments, last by Daerax 17 years, 8 months ago
I'm another disgruntled ex-Swim viewer. I've randomly turned it on a few times in the past couple of weeks, and without fail either been confronted with crap I don't want to watch (please kill TGTM already) or reruns of stuff that was funny the first 200 times but has long since ceased to be novel or entertaining (Futurama). I think I managed to find one Venture Brothers episode, which kind of redeemed part of it, but not really.

I dunno... maybe we should go storm the gates and demand better shows. There's always the website, of course, but I live in Atlanta... anyone up for a road trip? We could do it old-school with the burning oil and Viking helmetry.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

Advertisement
I get the feeling lately that a lot of Adult Swim's programming lately is directed towards bored-stoner types, thus the really strange and wacky shows, and them picking up pee-wee's playhouse. For example, two of the shows that people complain about a lot, Tom Goes to the Mayor and 12. oz Mouse, are absolutely hillarious when you are high as hell. Squidbillies on the other hand, sucks no matter what. However, there are still a lot of good shows on Adult Swim (Harvey Birdman, Venture Bros, Robot Chicken, Boondocks, Space Ghost when they actually show it, etc.), so I'm not too concerned yet.
------------------------------BASIC programmers don't die, they just GOSUB and don't return.
Quote:Original post by GarlandIX
However, there are still a lot of good shows on Adult Swim (Harvey Birdman, Venture Bros, Robot Chicken, Boondocks, Space Ghost when they actually show it, etc.), so I'm not too concerned yet.

Rating++ for giving props to Birdman. I love that show.

Edit: I also don't really watch AS any more. Its been going way down hill for a while now. For me it went something like: Harry Goz (aka Captain Murphy) died->Sealab went to crap->AS is going to crap. It really seems like now they just cram in lots of stoner humor and really crappy animation (like 12oz mouse or whatever the crap that show is, tom goes to the mayor, etc). They are airing shows that, to me, seem like they try to be so bad they're funny, but they end up just being bad.
Quote:Original post by Rattrap
Yeah Adult Swim has been pretty hit or miss recently.

Venture Brothers ++
Robot Chicken ++

Squidbillies --
Tom Goes To The Mayor --
Pee Wee Herman -- (Except it is kind of funny to see Lawrence Fishburn playing Cowboy Curtis :))

I agree 100%. What really grinds my gears is is they took off Mission Hill to put on Pee Wee.

I know there were only 12 episodes, but they could order more if they sucked less.

Anything would be better than Pee Wee. Why not play classics if you are out of ideas, like Outlaw Star, or Pinky and The Brain.
--------------------------I present for tribute this haiku:Inane Ravings OfThe Haunting JubilationA Mad Engineer©Copyright 2005 ExtrariusAll Rights Reserved
Honestly, I noticed Adult Swim in general started going downhill as soon as Meatwad's voice became drastically "deeper" on Aqua Teen. I don't know how or why the two are linked.. but they are.

..Then again, Adult Swim was drastically better when Bebop was originally in circulation.

..Then again, Adult Swim also started sucking when it started earlier in the night.

Kult House - Fresh Production Media

Quote:Original post by wizardpc
Back when family guy, aqua teen hunger force, and sealab was on, i used to watch adult swim on cartoon network all the time. It soon became my late night television entertainment, if i choose to watch tv.

Don't forget Home Movies :D

Quote:Original post by BlueShizz
Quote:Original post by wizardpc
Back when family guy, aqua teen hunger force, and sealab was on, i used to watch adult swim on cartoon network all the time. It soon became my late night television entertainment, if i choose to watch tv.

Don't forget Home Movies :D

I'm about to commit seppuku for forgetting that masterpiece:(
I really couldn't care less for anime, when Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, and Inuyasha came on that was my cue to change the channel. I actually really like the more acid-trip shows (Aqua Teen, Sealab, Perfect Hair Forever), LOVE Robot Chicken, I think Pee Wee has his place on the channel, but Saved by the Bell is going a little far (maybe if they dubbed over the episodes with ridiculous lines it might work). Tom Goes to the Mayor may be the worst show in the history of television... or maybe that award goes to Reno 911... I'm not entirely sure.

Check out my new game Smash and Dash at:

http://www.smashanddashgame.com/

People here have good taste. Robot Chicken is the funniest show on TV right now, but I can't be bothered to look up when the show is on and I can't be bothered to sit through all the rest of the shows.

Some of you noted how terrible Tom Goes to the Mayor and Pee Wee Herman are, but have any of you seen the monstrosity that is Bobobo bo Bobobo? One Piece is bad too (it might just be the voice acting), but it's not even in the same league of suckitude as the (bo)[7].

At least they still play Fullmetal Alchemist and GitS:SAC.
---New infokeeps brain running;must gas up!
So, isn't there a show called Bleach coming to Adult Swim this fall?

[rolleyes] [flaming] I've never seen it, but I can already tell it's going to be awful. I think we have every single crappy-anime-show stereotype there is going on in that one image, right down to the annoying girl and her pet cat.

Seriously, is there no originality left in the world? The last thing this world needs is another Inuyasha (quite possibly the worst show ever created.. closely followed by Trigun).

Kult House - Fresh Production Media

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement