Concept for a concept :) (Ghost Ship)

Started by
16 comments, last by IronGryphon 17 years, 9 months ago
Well, I know it isn't going to hang in any museums but here it is. Any critiques welcome. . .
SDBradley
CGP
"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read." ~Mark Twain
Advertisement
It's pretty nice!
However, I think it would be even better if you replaced the sun with a moon, and darkened the sky somewhat.
Best regards, Omid
Interesting. That would fit the "ghost" feeling better. Let me see what I can come up with. Thanks for the idea.
SDBradley
CGP
Good stuff. I love your ship. My only concern is that I find the water looks a wee bit more like gravel than water.
I like the sun, sky shading, and the ship, but their resolutions appear slightly different, and the water is slightly blocky. I think you should add detail to the water and sails and make some waves in the water.
Thanks all for the comments. I agree with all of them. Now if my skill would :) But just another reason to keep working on it. Here is a night version.

SDBradley
CGP
Marvelous!
Really nice ghost ship feel to it now imo.
Best regards, Omid
Great work! The only thing I liked better about the first version over the second was the size (and thus level of detail) of the ship in the image. Very nicely done!
"Game Programming" in an of itself does not exist. We learn to program and then use that knowledge to make games.
I like both versions.

In fact the daytime one I find quite creepy. There is something unnerving about a ghost "in the daytime" like that.
If I could just figure out how to make the water look better. I have an idea of a way but it will take some time. Thanks for the comments everyone.
SDBradley
CGP

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement