Worst interview

Started by
37 comments, last by furby100 17 years, 8 months ago
That's only good if you WANT to work 50-60 hours a week. Me personally, i have too many other spare-time things i want/need to do. Getting rich is not my goal in life. As long as i can make enough money to live on and have a little bit left over, that's enough. If i could work just 10 hours a week and make $100 an hour, i'd do it!
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by leiavoia
That's only good if you WANT to work 50-60 hours a week. Me personally, i have too many other spare-time things i want/need to do. Getting rich is not my goal in life. As long as i can make enough money to live on and have a little bit left over, that's enough. If i could work just 10 hours a week and make $100 an hour, i'd do it!

Oh, I definitely don't disagree. The reason I was giving this example was to just underscore JohnBolton's point: he said no to overtime and didn't make it in, whereas a friend of mine said yes, and did. I guess that's not too much of a surprise with this company, however.
Vovan
I'd love to make a similar comment about too much crunch time being a sign of bad management, but I'm always polite in interviews. I guess I shouldn't be, at least while I have a solid job from which to look around safely.
Although paid and unpaid overtime are entirely different...
Got lost finding the place, so I rang up, got directions, found the place. All good [smile]. Got offered a coffee, all good! Got the coffee - In a teeny tiny cup - Not impressed. I was half an hour early, so to save time later, they gave me their programmers test, said it'd take me about 40 minutes. 10 minutes later, I shouted up and said I'd finished. Took another 30 minutes or so before I seen human life. Eventually someone came to talk to me, went through my answers on the programmers test, and I'd done really well, pretty much everything correct. They show me around the place, I'm not impressed. Very corperate and boring, I would have wanted to kill myself working there. Eventually got spoken by the head of tech, talked about half an hour about the work I've done with sound, and he seemed pretty impressed. Not long later the interview finished, I was told I'd find out in a week if I had gotten the job, and away I went, scared as hell and not wanting to work there. Within days I was offered the job. Shame I didn't accept it as I'd luckely been offered a job else where, with a more friendly and more casual company, whom I'm currently working for and enjoying working there [grin]

Ah shame its only a university work placement. I just really hope I can keep my job after uni or during my final year!
Adventures of a Pro & Hobby Games Programmer - http://neilo-gd.blogspot.com/Twitter - http://twitter.com/neilogd
Worst interview for me involved a two hour journey across country.

Followed by a programming test, interview with someone going over it, group exercise, interview with department lead, interview with producer, interview with department lead on another team, interview with that producer!

In the end that was both teams and six hours of interviewing!

I then had to drive all the way back home, in the dark, in completely blind freezing fog which took another four hours.

I then got called back for a second interview to face more of the same at another location for another team for the same company.

On top of that it also involved an 800 mile round trip to get to my staging post (my parents place).
Quote:Original post by JohnBolton
My best interview was a phone interview with EA Tiburon. They asked me what I thought about crunch time, and I said "extended crunch time is a sign of bad management". That pretty much ended the interview. That was ok, because EA Tiburon is/was well-known for their endless crunch time and I didn't feel like working evenings and weekends for the rest of my life.

I interviewed at EA Tiburon too but didn't get the job and feeling down for a while.

Then I was hired at a well known Asian game company. At GDC it was my guilty pleasure to observe the amazement in people's eyes after each introduction. "I work for EA" just won't bring out the same effect.

Worst interview: graphics position but I just couldn't completely do an altered form of reversing the string prob. Was emailed an hour after inteview I didn't get it.
I was being interviewed in a small office , when i Farted. I don't know what i ate, but it stinked of something fierce. It got so bad, we had to move to the lobby, where everyone that worked in that office kept asking him, why he was interviewing in the lobby. I felt so embarrased. O yea, i didn't get the job.
Quote:Original post by wizardpc
I was being interviewed in a small office , when i Farted. I don't know what i ate, but it stinked of something fierce. It got so bad, we had to move to the lobby, where everyone that worked in that office kept asking him, why he was interviewing in the lobby. I felt so embarrased. O yea, i didn't get the job.
winner.

Quote:Original post by EtnuBwahaha. I would've shot the guy in the balls.
Obviously it was a fart with a capital F.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement