• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Miller

[web] HTML help!

This topic is 4403 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

OK, I'm using microsoft expression to make a website. I can read html, but i think its tedious to write table code. Anyway, I created a page (with tables inside of tables) that looks fine in the editor, looks fine in firefox, but explodes in internet explorer. I'll post the code if it would help (its kinda long), but why would this be happening? I didn't think internet explorer handled tables differently than other browers. None of the tables have borders. Is there a universal fix for this, or should I post the html? edit: wow, I should say that the center cell of the outermost table is lower than than the outer 2 cells.

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Daniel Miller
OK, I'm using microsoft expression to make a website. I can read html, but i think its tedious to write table code. Anyway, I created a page (with tables inside of tables) that looks fine in the editor, looks fine in firefox, but explodes in internet explorer. I'll post the code if it would help (its kinda long), but why would this be happening? I didn't think internet explorer handled tables differently than other browers. None of the tables have borders. Is there a universal fix for this, or should I post the html?

edit: wow, I should say that the center cell of the outermost table is lower than than the outer 2 cells.

If you can post a link to the page so that I can view the HTML, that would probably be easiest. If not, post it here.

Ok, I got that working by filling the table with images. ++rating for trying to help though.

A new problem I'm having is that the main table is centered in IE but not in firefox, but I'll find a way around that soon.

Make sure your main table is declared as such.

<table align="center">

This will work in both firefox and IE.

[Edited by - Sonnenblume on July 28, 2006 5:31:31 AM]

Quote:
A new problem I'm having is that the main table is centered in IE but not in firefox, but I'll find a way around that soon.

You could use align, though it is a deprecated attribute. This works in FF, but not IE6:

<table style="margin: auto;">
<tr>
<td>This is a test.</td>
</tr>
</table>

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!