• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

i need help on c++!Plz help

This topic is 4226 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Well for starters, what kind of trouble are you having?
It's a little hard to help when we don't know what to help with.

Ok, so have you aquired a compiler yet? And if so, which one are you using?
You want to get a good book on C++ too, which the only ones that I have read are now outdated.
I recommend these sites:
cplusplus.com
cprogramming.com
And also check out the C++ workshop on the forums here. You go through lessons with others alongside a C++ book.

Well,
first of all...do you have a C++ book? If not, then you might want to get one. That is up to you, and on how you want to learn. If you do...then just start reading.

I started learning C++ from the tutorials here.

I wish you good luck on your C++ journey.

Also, you might be of interest in the C++ workshop that is going on here.

Chad.

EDIT: To slow

Well, welcome to C++, I only ever used one C++ book which is Sams Teach Yourelf C++ in 24 Hours. Okay so it's only 24 hours but it teaches a lot in the confined amount of time, I was also meaning to purchase the 21 Day edition, but I got carried away with DirectX and OpenGL. So my best advise is to find a book like this, most probably a library will stock the 21 Day version, and read, but I agree you should look at cprogramming before hauling yourself down to a library. Anyway, good luck...

Quote:
Original post by teh_programerer
Well, welcome to C++, I only ever used one C++ book which is Sams Teach Yourelf C++ in 24 Hours. Okay so it's only 24 hours but it teaches a lot in the confined amount of time, I was also meaning to purchase the 21 Day edition, but I got carried away with DirectX and OpenGL. So my best advise is to find a book like this, most probably a library will stock the 21 Day version, and read, but I agree you should look at cprogramming before hauling yourself down to a library. Anyway, good luck...

Sams books have a notorious reputation. As do all books that attempt to teach some subject in such a constrained time ( 21 days is way too short, 24 hours doesnt bear mentioning ). This is expanded upon here.

There are much better books available.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement