• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
yaroslavd

[.net] ConfigurationErrorsException?

This topic is 4320 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Guys, please help. I'm using C# and VS2005. I ran my MDX program and my whole system crashed and restarted. Well, what am I gonna do, stuff happens. However, when it's happened before (maybe 1 or 2 times), I was able to continue programming after a restart. Now, however, I keep getting an error when I try to run the program: ConfigurationErrorsException. Here's the stack trace:
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException was unhandled
  Message="Configuration system failed to initialize"
  Source="System.Configuration"
  BareMessage="Configuration system failed to initialize"
  Line=0
  StackTrace:
       at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
       at System.Configuration.PrivilegedConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
       at System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsConfiguration.GetConfigSection()
       at System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsConfiguration.Initialize()
       at System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsConfiguration.get_IndentSize()
       at System.Diagnostics.TraceInternal.InitializeSettings()
       at System.Diagnostics.TraceInternal.get_Listeners()
Now, I've looked into the inner exception and everything and from what I can tell, there is a user config file stored in "My Documents\Application Data\SomethingOrOther" Is there any way to restore this file or somehow otherwise fix this error? This is really making me angry because this is not an error that I had anything to do with, somehow a config file got corrupted and I don't know what to do. Please help.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!