Reseting directX animation?

Started by
0 comments, last by GameDev.net 17 years, 8 months ago
First time using the directX animations. Everything is finally working fine, apart from one very frustrating detail. As i play animations that are not cycles they dont seem to reset between runs. Lets say i have an animation for a punch. As i blend from, lets say... the idle animation several times the punch-animation seems to start at different positions. The result is that sometimes the fists retracts and then starts to punch with a _very_ unsexy flip in the middle, and sometimes it works fine. I have tried resetting timers for the animation controller and the track Before i play the punch. One of my first thoughts were that maby the framerate was so low that it skipped a frame...wroooong. With increased framerate and playing the animation slow as hell, it still got messed up. Another theory whas that maby the blending screwed it all up...wroooong (again). I turned off the blending completely before and after the punch was played, only resulting in making it all look even worse and not even solving the initial problem. Currently we are using only one frame as the punch, and blending between it and other animations make it look like a punch, but not very hot. I bet this is really simple as hell, and maby i have just overlooked the solution. I also admit that, even though i have searched for this, my searching skills suck. At least right now as i have been working on this project about 12 h/day and we have other things with higher priority right now before maby coming back to this issue if we have time for it.
Advertisement
*bump*

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement