• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

app doesn't run on other machine (SOLVED)

This topic is 4316 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I created an application en build it in Release mode. if I copy the .exe file to another folder en run it, everything works fine. But if I copy the folder to another machine then imediately after executing I get something like: "This application is not configured right, reinstalling might solve the problem" (translated). Does anyone know what this can be? The application is nearly the same as the mesh tutorial from the directx sdk. Dennis [Edited by - MarauderX on July 28, 2006 9:17:14 AM]

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by MarauderX
Hi, I created an application en build it in Release mode.
if I copy the .exe file to another folder en run it, everything works fine.
But if I copy the folder to another machine then imediately after executing I get something like: "This application is not configured right, reinstalling might solve the problem" (translated).

Does anyone know what this can be?
The application is nearly the same as the mesh tutorial from the directx sdk.

Dennis

I do not think every machine has pre-intalled with DX run-time component ? Doesn't it?

Which DirectX SDK are you using? If your programming in C++, the errors probably because the other computers need the Visual C++ runtime installed. If your using .NET, make sure the correct version of the .NET Framework is installed on the machine. It might also be that the computer does not have the correct version of the DirectX runtime installed. If you are using .NET, your not using Managed DirectX 2.0 are you?. If so, MDX 2.0 was a beta that has been discontinued in favor of Microsoft's XNA framework. Basically, since MDX 2.0 never graduated from beta, MS never released a runtime library for client machines.

Well, I understand partly what you mean, but
I use VC++ express edition, directx 9.
On the other computer I have the 9.0c dx runtime.
For vb apps I understand that you need the vb dll for handling stuff, but for C++??? My C++ application is a standalone app right (depending on directX)??

Last time i checked (about a year perhaps? =) ) you had to supply the MSVC++ runtime lib with your executable.
Try to supply the file msvcp71.dll or msvcp70.dll. Just put it in the same dir as your executable, this file is freely distributed. Be careful not to supply msvcp71d.dll or you might get Microsoft after your ass. =)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!