I have a basic grasp on C...whats next?

Started by
5 comments, last by Oluseyi 17 years, 9 months ago
I have been reading alot of tutorials online and think i have a basic grasp on C... so whats next? Also I wish to know how i get a visual output with colors and all that good stuff? All i ca do is make a simpl dos program that does nothing at all...what language should i learn next besides C++? thanks so much in advance ~laters
Advertisement
Depends what your goal in programming is, but judging by your nickname, you want to make games. [smile]

If you are really comfortable with C, I would suggest learning SDL. SDL allows you to do 2D graphics quick and easy. I would also suggest you start learning C++. Object oriented programming applies to game development really well.
thnx alot i will do that
Quote:SDL is written in C, but works with C++ natively, and has bindings to several other languages, including Ada, C#, Eiffel, Erlang, Euphoria, Guile, Haskell, Java, Lisp, Lua, ML, Objective C, Pascal, Perl, PHP, Pike, Pliant, Python, Ruby, and Smalltalk.

are any of these alanguages better than the others?
sorry if this sounds stupid
No language is better than another in general; there's no such thing as "the best" only "the best for a particular purpose." In addition, once you have sufficient experience with one programming language, learning others will not be that difficult, so don't worry about "wasting time" learning the "wrong" language.
thx alot for the link...the language is really familiar...thx for the recommendation
If you want to get into graphics quickly, I recommend something other than C. Like GameMaker.

Good luck.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement