• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SpacedOut

Some help installing boost python and bjam please

This topic is 4319 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've tried this three times and it's still not working. My platform: Windown XP Python version: 2.4 C++ compiler: MinGW (from Dev-C++) Here's what I did in order: -Downloaded the boost library executable, and extracted it into C:\boost_1_33_1 (my root directory) -Downloaded bjam executable (ntx86) into C:\boost_1_33_1 -open the cmd line and change the directory to C:\boost_1_33_1 Here's where I start to get lost. -set the MINGW_ROOT_DIRECTORY to c:/Dev-Cpp (on the cmd line: bjam -sMINGW_ROOT_DIRECTORY=c:/Dev-Cpp I ended up getting this: ****************************************************** Building Boost.Iostreams with bzip2 support disabled. To enable bzip2, consult the Boost.Iostreams documentation ****************************************************** ****************************************************** Building Boost.Iostreams with zlib and gzip support disabled. To enable zlib and gzip, consult the Boost.Iostreams documentation ****************************************************** Building Boost.Regex with the optional Unicode/ICU support disabled. Please refer to the Boost.Regex documentation for more information (and if you don't know what ICU is then you probably don't need it). ...patience... ...patience... ...found 9924 targets... ...updating 1487 targets... MkDir1 bin spawn: No such file or directory -then I tried to install with (bjam -sTOOLS=mingw) ...same as before... (and if you don't know what ICU is then you probably don't need it). **** wide char i/o not supported by the mingw standard library **** **** skipping build of <@boost!libs!serialization!build>libboost_wserialization. lib; toolset= mingw variant= debug **** **** wide char i/o not supported by the mingw standard library **** **** skipping build of <@boost!libs!serialization!build>libboost_wserialization. lib; toolset= mingw variant= debug **** **** wide char i/o not supported by the mingw standard library **** **** skipping build of <@boost!libs!serialization!build>libboost_wserialization. lib; toolset= mingw variant= debug **** **** wide char i/o not supported by the mingw standard library **** **** skipping build of <@boost!libs!serialization!build>libboost_wserialization. lib; toolset= mingw variant= debug **** **** wide char i/o not supported by the mingw standard library **** **** skipping build of <@boost!libs!serialization!build>libboost_wserialization. lib; toolset= mingw variant= release **** **** wide char i/o not supported by the mingw standard library **** **** skipping build of <@boost!libs!serialization!build>libboost_wserialization. lib; toolset= mingw variant= release **** **** wide char i/o not supported by the mingw standard library **** **** skipping build of <@boost!libs!serialization!build>libboost_wserialization. lib; toolset= mingw variant= release **** **** wide char i/o not supported by the mingw standard library **** **** skipping build of <@boost!libs!serialization!build>libboost_wserialization. lib; toolset= mingw variant= release **** **** wide char i/o not supported by the mingw standard library **** **** skipping build of <@boost!libs!serialization!build>boost_wserialization.dll ; toolset= mingw variant= debug **** **** wide char i/o not supported by the mingw standard library **** **** skipping build of <@boost!libs!serialization!build>boost_wserialization.dll ; toolset= mingw variant= debug **** **** wide char i/o not supported by the mingw standard library **** **** skipping build of <@boost!libs!serialization!build>boost_wserialization.dll ; toolset= mingw variant= release **** **** wide char i/o not supported by the mingw standard library **** **** skipping build of <@boost!libs!serialization!build>boost_wserialization.dll ; toolset= mingw variant= release **** ...patience... ...patience... ...found 14055 targets... ...updating 5651 targets... MkDir1 C:\Boost spawn: No such file or directory I know I'm doing something wrong, but I can't seem to figure out what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Or if you have another way of compiling boost.python on windows I'd be glad to hear it. Thanks. [Edited by - SpacedOut on July 29, 2006 4:33:45 PM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!